








Hoon and I met the first day of classes at Virginia Tech and had been close friends ever since. He had such kindness and compassion for others. Hoon was funny and brilliantly smart. He could have been a nobel prize quality scientist if things had turned out differently. I have pasted the references for two articles from The Washington Post about what happened. There is so much more to Hoon and to his life story than you can get from these articles. I would like to share his life story and stories about the fun times we had together with each of you, when the time is right.
Liquor Store Clerk Killed in Daytime Robbery
By Martin Weil
Washington Post Staff Writer
Sunday, January 28, 2007; C03
Bouquets, Prayer at Site Of Md. Slaying
By Karin Brulliard
Washington Post Staff Writer
Monday, January 29, 2007; B01
2 comments:
Beth,
We were so sorry to hear about Hoon... it's just awful. From the many many times you've talked about him over the years, he sounds like a wonderful man and a great friend. I look forward to hearing even more when you are ready and able to share. Our thoughts are with you.
Please let us know if there's anything we can do.
Love,
Meggan and Sonepheth
Hoon was great. I live near the store and when I drank plenty of beer (I stopped drinking every day), I had a chance to chat with Hoon. We always had lively political conversations. He had a great attitude. He stood his ground. He was a liberal and I am conservative. Hoon touched many people. He will be remembered. I feel so sorry for his father and mother and brothers. Such a great loss.
Post a Comment