Friday, September 26, 2008

Keeping It Positive

Just a quick update-

E had been having a tough time transitioning to his new class this year. It was so upsetting to us, but the solution turned out to be a very simple one. He just needed a bit more positive feedback. His terrific teachers have helped us come up with a plan and he has made a 180 degree turnaround this week! He's back to his singing happy self- and is also spending lots of time flipping through all of his books.

Recent E'ism:
"I like beaches. I like beaches AND peaches. I like both beaches and peaches."

V has had no trouble at all adjusting to her new class. That is just her personality. It seems that everyone in the entire school knows her. She has good teachers who are helping us with trying to get her to eat/drink more. She is a very little gal. V has recently begun to be able to make all of the animal sounds and has really got "Ma Ma!!!" down when she wants something. Also "Ball" and I even heard "Mine!" the other day (could have been a fluke). She likes to dance (along with her big brother) by either rocking back and forth if sitting, or swinging her arms around if standing.

E loves to give V hugs and hold her hand- but V has not learned to cooperate yet and usually shouts and attempts to escape her advancing big brother. They love each other though!

No comments: